Thursday, July 13, 2006

Summer doldrums

It doesn't seem like I've gotten much riding in the past couple weeks. Heavy rains (for Western Colorado) stopped me last weekend, but my friend and I did get out Tuesday evening, just for a local ride. We ponied our pack horses to get them ready for our four-day ride at the end of the month. I even put the pack saddle on my little gelding Turk, and threw a few things in the packs so he would get used to it. He spooked himself a couple of times when he rubbed against something because he didn't realize how wide his gear was, and once when he turned around to nip at a fly. But nothing serious came of it.
We're sure looking forward to the opportunity to get up in the high country, away from the desert heat and civilization for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home