Saturday, June 24, 2006

DSL problems

We've been having DSL problems all week and working with the phone company to try to get it fixed. It finally seems to be working properly again, but it's been frustrating. That's why I haven't blogged all week.
I think it was frustrating for the phone company, Qwest, as well, because they thought they had it fixed on several occasions, and the one time it appeared to be fixed earlier in the week, our telephones in the house wouldn't operate.

Anyway, seems to be working now.

Not a lot of horse news here. It's getting pretty hot, so I don't have much enthusiasm for riding in the evenings. I'm going to try to go for a trail ride early tomorrow morning, and throw the pack saddle on my gelding, Turk, to get him used to it again. He hasn't been packed hard in two years, and we have a big pack trip coming up in about a month.

When I say a pack saddle, I don't mean a real cross-tree saddle. I just use my regular western riding saddle and some saddle paniers that fit over the horn, pommel and cantle. It's not quite as efficient as a real pack saddle, but it works very well for the three or four-day trips I usually take. Also, I have large saddlebags on my riding horse, Bud, including a pack immediately behind the saddle that's large enough to get my sleeping bag in. All this behind my WinTec jumping saddle. We make quite a sight coming down the trail. But Bud is much more comfortable in that saddle and I prefer riding in it to any Western saddle I have. And since we don't do much roping, it works well.(I have yet to find a Western saddle that doesn't make Bud throw a fit when I try to tighten the girth, but I haven't made an extensive search for a western saddle that fits his Thoroughbred whithers correctly.
That's all for now. Gotta get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home