Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Getting ready for Moonrock

Today's trip to the farrier was in preparation for our trip next week to Worland, Wyoming, and the Moonrock 3-day event.

Even though we're both well beyond our primes, Bud, my big gray appendix QH, and I are beginner novices in the eventing world. We've done a handful of events over five years, but I never seem to have the time to work consistently to put together several in a summer and move up to the next class.

This year is no exception. I feel woefully unprepared. Bud is a fearless jumper and incredibly athletic, and he loves the cross country. Holding him back is the only difficulty, but after the first jump or two, he settles in nicely. So I'm not worried about that. And we have been working regularly on stadium jumping.

Dressage will be a disaster. Oh well, what do you expect from a one-time bareback bronc rider?

The great thing about Moonrock is there are a bunch of cowboys who have traded in their roping saddles skinny little jumping saddles. It's a fun event and the people are exceptionally friendly.

We're looking forward to it, even if we're not fully prepared. Nine days and counting.

4 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the horse blogging world! I see you are off to a good start, and I enjoyed reading these entries. Good luck at Moonrock.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home