Monday, May 22, 2006

Update

This is from an Associated Press story Monday evening about Barbaro: It said the primary concerns in the wake of the surgery are infection and
"laminitis, a potentially fatal disease sometimes brought on by uneven weight balance."

Is there any horse that hasn't had some laminitis at one point in his or her life? And is it potentially fatal, other than if the horse has to be euthanized because it has become to crippled from severe laminitis to get around comfortably?

I have a visit with the farrier scheduled for tomorrow. I'll ask his opinion.

2 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home